Home Plan Terms and Conditions.
Before joining a Home Plan scheme an appointment must be arranged for survey of the property and a boiler service to see if it qualifies to be taken on by T&S. The boiler service will be done at reduced rate of £29.99 + VAT. If something is found which does not fit the criteria, for example Full Cover has been requested but on inspection of the property is was found that that the radiators were leaking, then a quotation will be offered to bring them up to standard after which the Home Plan can be agreed upon.
Customers who wish to pay by monthly direct debit need to have a valid email address to join up. Customers can also pay the full amount for the year in a one off payment.
Home Plan Cover Includes
The claim limit is £250 – Each claim has a limit of £250 for parts and labour, any cost above that will be quoted to the customer before any work is carried out. Labour rate £68 for the 1st hour and £34 for every hour after.
£500 towards a new boiler if installed by us (Inclusive of the £250 claim limit).
Unlimited calls per year.
24/7 Phone line.
Gas/Water leaks attended within 2 hours (where possible) and all other faults within 24-Hours.
All permanent repairs are guaranteed for 12 months and temporary repairs for 30 days.
Temporary repair: A repair that will resolve an emergency but will need to be replaced by a permanent repair.
Permanent repair: Repairs and/or work required to put right the damage caused to the property by the emergency.
1. The following are excluded from the cover:
- Any leaking or dripping tap that requires re-washering or replacing, external overflows or replacement of cylinders;
- Burst or leaking flexible hoses or leaking washing appliances which are fitted with a stop tap;
- External water supply pipes;
- Failure of boilers or heating systems that have not been inspected or serviced by a qualified person within the preceding 12 months;
- Boilers over 15 years old;
- Replacement of light bulbs and fuses in plugs;
- Breakdown or loss of or damage to domestic appliances or saniflow toilets and other mechanical equipment;
- Electricity supply to, or failure of burglar/fire alarm systems, CCTV surveillance or to swimming pools and their plumbing or filtration systems;
- Any form of warm air or solar heating systems;
- Boilers in excess of 250,000 BTUs or 60 kilowatts;
- Removing sludge or hard-water scale from the boiler or system;
- Repairing or replacing an extended flue;
- Cosmetic or third party damage;
- System improvements;
- Piped or electric underfloor heating;
- This cover is not suitable for tenanted properties;
- Claims may not be made under this policy for the first 30 days from date of payment;
- Frozen Condensates;
- Enclosed pipework (e.g. Within concrete or behind a fitted kitchen);
We will not be liable for any of the following:
a. Loss or damage arising from circumstances known to you prior to the start date of this cover;
b. The cost of replacement parts due to natural wear and tear;
c. Loss or damage however caused to personal items, like paintings, electrical goods, jewellery, clothing etc;
d. Loss or damage arising from disconnection or interruption of mains services by the deliberate act of the Utility Company concerned or any equipment or services which are the responsibility or property of the Utility Company;
e. Any cost relating to the attempted repair by you or your own contractor;
f. Any defect, damage or failure caused by malicious or wilful action, negligence, misuse, third party interference or faulty workmanship, including any attempted repair or modification which does not comply with recognised industry standards;
g. Any emergency in a property that has been unoccupied for more than 30 consecutive days;
h. Any loss arising from subsidence caused by bedding down of new structures, demolition or structural repairs or alterations to the property, faulty workmanship or the use of defective materials, or river or coastal erosion;
i. Any loss or damage arising as a consequence of:
i. war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, terrorism, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, coup, riot or civil disturbance.
ii. Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from combustion of nuclear fuel, the radioactive toxic explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or its nuclear component.
j. Any delays caused by our suppliers or their agents obtaining spare parts that are not immediately available.
k. The cost of any redecorations necessitated by the repair.
l. The painting of any radiators or pipework.
m. The boxing in of any pipework.
n. Consequential loss.
o. Replacement of firebricks, firebars and transparent strips or panels.
p. Any noises occurring otherwise than as a result of the quality of workmanship and materials otherwise covered by the policy.
q. Bleeding of radiators, topping up the system (low pressure on the boiler), no gas, no electric, RF programmer faults including lost signal, resetting controls/programmers, dead batteries and frozen condensate pipework.
r. Obsolete parts.